Pumpkin Soup December 21 2014, 0 Comments
Ok, I'm googling pumpkin recipes. Again. This one is super easy, lazy.
- 3/4 cup water, divided
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin puree
- 2 cups unsalted vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon + 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg or a scant teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup milk or the substitute of your choice
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 chopped green onion top
- In a large saucepan, heat 1/4 cup water over medium heat. Add onion and cook until tender, about 3 minutes. Don't let onion dry out.
- Add remaining water, pumpkin, broth, cinnamon and nutmeg. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in the milk and cook until hot. Don't boil.
- Ladle soup into warmed bowls and garnish with black pepper and green onion tops. Serve immediately.